Booking Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions:
a) The expression “Lonan House” shall mean the owners of Lonan House.
b) The expression “the holiday-maker” shall mean the person who completed the booking.
- Scottish Law shall apply to all contractual obligations arising out of these Terms and Conditions
- The property shall be used solely for the purpose of a Holiday Let as prescribed by Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016, Schedule 1 clause 6 and the holiday-maker shall not sub-let the property, or any part of the property, or any equipment from the property.
- The booking is made on the understanding that the property is available to the holiday-maker on the dates stated. If for any reason beyond Lonan House control (e.g. fire, storm damage, illness,) the property is not available on the date booked we will use its best endeavours to provide alternative accommodation to the holiday-maker but cannot guarantee that such will be provided and if such cannot be found or is not suitable for the holiday-maker then all monies paid by the holiday-maker shall be returned in full. Lonan House shall not be liable for any loss, expense, inconvenience or otherwise resulting in such unavailability or unsuitability and the holiday-maker shall have no claim against them. The holiday-maker shall advise Lonan House within seven days of being offered alternative accommodation whether or not it is acceptable. If the alternative property is more expensive Lonan House reserves the right to charge the difference in cost
- Submission of an internet booking or completion of a telephone booking with deposit payment will be deemed to be acceptance of these conditions. The person making the booking warrants that he/she is authorised to agree to Lonan House’s terms and conditions and is acting on behalf of all persons including those substituted or who join the party at a later date. The person who makes the booking is responsible for ensuring that all persons occupying the property comply with the terms and conditions and in all respects.
- Payment of the 30% non refundable deposit, or full payment if within six weeks of the holiday start date is required on making the booking. Payment may be made by debit/Credit card; payment is not accepted by American Express or Diners Card. If the booking cannot be accepted by Lonan House, the full amount shall be returned within 7 days. If a booking is accepted, the holiday-maker becomes liable for the balance of payment for the full period of the holiday, full payment must be made six weeks prior to the holiday, if payment is not received the booking may be cancelled forthwith and if not filled by a replacement booking the right is reserved to Lonan House to pursue the Holiday maker for the due balance payment. Travel directions and key holder information will be issued after full payment for the booking.
- Lonan House reserves the right to refuse accommodation. In no circumstances may the number of people occupying the property exceed the number stated in the brochure neither may the property be used for a party of any sort, unless agreed in advance and in writing. Lonan House reserves the right to refuse entry or terminate the hire without notice if this condition is not observed. Lonan House may refuse to hand over the property to any person who, in their opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. If refusal of entry or termination of the booking occurs there will be no refund of any part of the payment made for the holiday and if any damages have occurred there will be no restriction on Lonan House seeking due reimbursement of reasonable costs. In all such cases, all liability of Lonan House shall cease declaring that in no event shall Lonan House accept any responsibility or liability for such refusal, termination or otherwise or any loss or damage arising there from.
- The period of hire shall be from 4pm on the day of arrival and the property must be vacated by 10 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise stated or agreed in writing. If the holiday-maker is unable to arrive at the property by midday on the day following the holiday start date the holiday-maker must advise Lonan House of the intended late arrival. Failure to arrive by midday on the day following the holiday start date and failure in those circumstances to advise Lonan House constitutes cancellation by the holiday-maker.
- If the holiday-maker overstays and does not vacate by 10am on the departure day Lonan House may charge the holiday-maker a minimum penalty of £250 together with any ongoing costs, losses or expenses arising directly or indirectly as the case may be from the failure to vacate
- The holiday-maker shall at all times maintain the property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition and accept the property as it is equipped at the commencement of hire. The holiday-maker shall be liable to Lonan House for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused or additional cleaning required to the property and/or its contents by the deliberate or negligent act or omission of the holiday-maker or of any person in his/her party. If, as a result of such damage, the property or any of its contents need to be repaired or any of the contents need to be replaced then the holiday-maker shall be responsible for paying the reasonable costs of doing so. All properties are designated non-smoking, and if there is a need to deep clean due to unauthorised smoking in a property the minimum charge will be £250 which will be payable by the holiday-maker.
- The holiday-maker shall at all times use the utility services of the property in a fair and reasonable manor and to ensure that wastage does not occur to avoid excess consumption over and above the normal usage in a typical family home.
- Pets are accepted only where it is noted that they are accepted in the relevant property description. Where allowed, they must be kept under strict control at all times and must never be left unattended. Unless otherwise agreed in writing a maximum of two pets are allowed. A pet basket or bedding must be brought by the holiday-maker. All animal hairs and excreta must be removed on departure. Lonan House reserves the right to charge for any cleaning inside or outside the property made necessary by the pet. If pets are present at a property without consent Lonan House may immediately terminate the booking and require the holiday-maker to vacate the property.
- If for any reason the holiday-maker is not satisfied with the accommodation, Lonan House must be contacted as soon as practical so that the problem can be rectified immediately.
- Cancellation by the holiday-maker on bookings up to a booking value of £1500 may be made at any point until the close of business 21 days before the start date of the holiday. If the holiday-maker cancels then no balance will be due or if already paid, it will be refunded other than as noted below; the deposit is not returnable. The holiday-maker may cancel for any reason however no refund of balances will be made to visitors if the cancellation is due to widespread disruption which is beyond the control of Lonan House:
- Acts of war, terrorism or criminal action.
- Industrial disputes, riots, civil commotion.
- Natural disasters (e.g. earthquake, flood, volcanic eruption, tidal wave, storm).
- Epidemic of disease in humans, animals or birds.
- Adverse weather conditions.
Deposits are not refundable in any circumstances.
In respect of bookings for more than £1500 the following balance return conditions will apply subject to the foregoing general provisions:
|Number of days’ notice of cancellation prior to holiday date
|% holiday cost due from and not returnable to Holiday maker on cancellation
|42 or more days
|30 – 41 days
|Less than 29 days
If you have a particular question then do get in touch as we are here to help.